Thursday, September 25, 2008

Patience and lack there of....

I need to learn how to be more patient!!! It is 4:57pm and I am sitting here STILL waiting for UPS to deliver my package. A package I apparently need to sign for... I'm starting to stew, you see I had my day all planned out. I was going to get up, do admin stuff, shower, run to the grocery store, do laundry, cook and write. The only thing I've been able to do all day, is write. Because I know the second, I hop in the shower, go put the laundry in or anything that doesn't allow me to run to the door... they will appear. I always tend to be the last person on their route, no matter where I live. And it is causing me great frustration (all though it has given me an awesome idea for a short story).

UPS aren't the only ones causing my patience to run thin. I have come to realize today that it isn't just delivery guys. I am impatient in soooo many other ways. Losing weight for instance. I know you can't rush it, that in order for you to lose weight and keep it off you need to do it slowly and properly. I get that. I have been working out every single day with my wii fit since the beginning of August and was starting to get frustrated on monday. In my mind at the rate I work out I should have lost 20 lbs by now... not 8. I should have better definition and look buff... Um.. I had to remove myself from fantasy land!!! 8lbs in month and half is pretty damn good! So I've convinced myself to not give up again. To keep working out. I love to eat, so unless I want to end up at 300lbs, I need to keep pushing on.

I have zero patience when it comes to dating, relationships etc. I'm a brat, I need lots of attention all the time and when I don't get it as often as I like, I write people off. I figure they can't make the effort, then why should I. Of course this all comes from one bad experience, where I was extremely patient with one person and in the end I felt like I wasted so much time! From that point on, I lose patience pretty much right away. This also goes for people in general. I've tried to change this but can't. I feel by doing that I'm lowering my standards of how I expect to be treated. I refuse to do that anymore. But the pay off can't be pushing people away due to my lack of patience.

Then there is my career. I understand my chosen field of writing is never a overnight success type. There is a lot of long hard work that needs to be done before I can ever reach success.

I need to be more realistic. I need to be more patient. I need to stop being a brat.

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???