Tuesday, September 2, 2008

the day of the high and the low and awaiting the rift to open up...

I'm working on a short story about something that happened to me as a child. A nightmarish time spent at summer camp. I've decided to turn it into a tale of horror, because what happened during that visit to camp in reality was pretty damn close. I tend to write better when I am angry or sad as I am able to use those emotions to develop story lines that need to be dark... I am trying very, very hard to concentrate and get the rest of the outline written, but all I've been doing is shaking my head.

Two things happened today, both dealing with men but both completely different extremes. The first, which was the emotional dark attitude I needed to be pushed into this morning was, one mans attitude towards me. Making me feel used and disposable.. a convenience shall we say. It made me angry, very angry. I was using this anger in positive manner, if that makes any sense, then a few hours later something happened to change that.

The first man to ever break my heart, apologized to me. Now, it's been years! YEARS since it happened, but... he apologized. I was at a point where I thought I had lost all faith, that there wasn't even one decent man left out there. I had actually convinced myself of this, then one sentence changed that. Turns out, not all men are jerks. It is the first and likely the last man who will ever apologize to me (and the God's know there are many who should be but...). Well, at least and possibly 3 men out of how many billions, that may not be jerks... Ok, it's a start.

However, this is one of those things that.. well.. because of the extreme shift in emotions that happened... could possibly cause a tear or a rift in the universe. I'm sitting here waiting for that door to open, for me to realize I am actually in an alternate dimension... like the Twilight Zone....

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???