Monday, September 8, 2008

Day 1 of a cleanse

Today is day 1 of my cleanse. I am once again doing the master cleanse. I am trying to do it twice a year. I really feel like I need it right now. I am working really hard to lose weight and get back in shape and am working hard to take my eating and health up to the next level. I am also feeling down right now about certain issues in my life and feel this will help me in many ways.

I started feeling ill yesterday. I feel like I'm getting a cold. Not happy about that, but am hoping the fast will kick it out of my system. I'm sure being out in the pouring rain, getting my feet wet and then wandering around the Vegetarian Food Fair with wet feet didn't helping matters. But after my weekend, I needed to get out of my apartment.

Last week I felt like I was finally coming out of my funk. Then the events of this weekend pushed me right back down to the bottom. There is no point talking about the circumstances around it. It will just frustrate me more. What this weekend did was open my eyes about a few people. People I thought I had figured out. People I thought wouldn't kick me when I was down. Not to mention that saying about glass houses...

So today I start my fast, while I'm fasting I will still work out, do yoga and am going to start meditating again. I am also going to take a good long look at my eating habits and all the things I can do to improve them even more. One of the changes I am definitely making and have already started is I am no longer going to use canned goods and try to remove processed food from my diet all together. I still have some canned chick peas and a few other things in my cupboard, once those are done, I will only buy dried or fresh beans, tomatoes etc. I would LOVE to live in a place where I could have a garden, but that is impossible, but for next year am going to put a container garden on my balcony (tomatoes, peppers, herbs and anything else I can grow). I will also try to prepare almost all of my meals from scratch. I am pretty much do now, but I do include processed sometimes. I need to avoid that as well, the one thing I am not sure how to get around is tofu, but if that is the only processed thing in my diet then that is pretty good!

The other thing I need to figure out during this fast is me. I know where I want to go in my career. Be a writer and I'm doing that. My personal life is a mess! I need to fix it. I need to get myself out of this funk. I realized the only person than can make me happy is me. A cleanse is a house cleaning of the body so to speak, now I need to do a complete house cleaning of my personal life.

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???