Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 2... can I make it to day 3!

It is day two of my juice fast! I am actually feeling a lot better today, though still have a bit of the headache. Once I got up and moving around it seemed to help as well. I did sleep in though. It's odd though, I am bombarding my body with vitamins and minerals and tonnes of other great things, yet yesterday, I had a hard time. When I've done the Master Cleanse it was not that difficult and like the Master Cleanse I psyched myself up for the fast.

So far I have raw nut loaf and raw tortilla's dehydrated and I have raw falafels in the dehydrator. I wanted to have a couple other things started but am not sure what. I'm considering raw onion bread and need to make up some seed cheese. This way I have lots of things handy. My plan is to do all my hydrating every Sunday for the week. Saturday's I will try to do all my shopping. Though I will eventually just make my own, I also have a box of Larabars in my cupboard. When I am out, and so I don't cheat, I keep those in my bag along with a large container of water, fruit and a bag of nuts/dried fruit.

100 days may seem like a long time, but realistically I plan to be raw after that, just not as strict. I figure if I am 90% raw that allows for times when it isn't possible to have everything raw on my plate, like when eating out or at someone elses home. It is difficult enough trying to make people understand being Vegan and how I eat, Raw is sadly even harder. There have been many times that I've sat and eaten carrot sticks for dinner because they don't have anything to make a salad with. What I don't understand is how do you not have a head of lettuce in your house.

I often find myself, when in a grocery store, looking in other peoples carts. Especially when at check out. I am saddened by the amount of processed food is in peoples carts. It also bothers me that it is cheaper to buy junk food than fresh fruits and veggies. Why is that. Shouldn't the government be pushing to ensure we eat more fresh foods?


Weight lost = .7lbs

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???