Monday, March 23, 2009

100 Day Raw Challenge

Tomorrow, Tuesday, March 24th, I'm starting a 100 Day Raw Challenge. The official end to the Challenge will be July 1st. Over the last couple years I've started to really clue to how my body works. I think this all happened when I hit 40. I know to lose weight, no carbs and I need to do lots of cardio. I've discovered I can't eat gluten and certain foods trigger migraines. The biggest thing I discovered is I need to be on a raw food diet.

About 2 years ago I was for six plus months. I lost weight, my skin glowed and I had never felt more energetic. I was even almost down to my goal of a size 8. Then I had some major life changes happen, I injured my knee etc, and I fell completely off Raw. I tried unsuccessfully to go back on a Raw diet in January, I am up to about 75%. It was just bad timing, being winter and a crappy one at that, I needed warm food in my belly. But now. Now I am fully ready. Now I am ready to start bombarding my body with goodness.

This isn't just a food journey, this is a whole lotta other stuff going on as well. But this is a great start!!! I've been doing a tonne of research, pulled out my Raw books. I've discovered there is a farmers market a 20 minute walk from here that is open every Saturday morning. I have pulled out my dehydrator and have chosen Sundays to be my day to dehydrate things for the week. I'm a scheduler and list person and having todo's on a calendar will also help me on this renewed journey.

Other things I am going to start doing again, and how I've missed them, is adding Yoga back into my work outs. Yoga always destressed me!

I am excited about tomorrow and the next 100 days!

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???