Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 1 of Raw

April 1 isn't just April Fools Day -- it is the first day of the 30 day raw challenge! I have everything ready, am hoping to do some dehydrating tonight and tomorrow, that seems to be the only thing left. I am fortunate to have my friend Salar also doing the challenge with me, it always helps to have someone else to do this with.

I've been Raw off and on over the last 3 years, a 6 month stint at one point. I am hoping that the challenge is just the beginning of being 90/95% raw on a permanent basis. The 6 months that I was raw I remember felling fabulous, then due to major life changes I fell off Raw. Now my life is completely back in order and I have no excuse.

Raw does come with it's stigma's. Many don't attempt this diet for several reason:
~too time consuming
~too expensive
~having to dehydrate
~won't be satisfied

None of the above have to happen. If you do things like cut up veggies ahead of time, shop in places like Chinatown or discount grocery stores and stick to live foods rather than pre made raw or dehydrated raw, you can do it cheaply. You don't have to have all the fancy tool to be raw, though I personally do suggest a couple good knives, and at the minimum a blender. For me over the years I have bought all the tools, so am lucky enough to have all the things I need... again another reason I have no excuse to fall of Raw again.

Though I won't be able to post every day, I will check in from time to time to let you know how things are going.

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???