Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 3 of the Raw Challenge

Ok... I told myself I wouldn't do this till April 30. Though I know even then they still won't fit.... grrr...

I was looking through my closet, pulling out clothes for tonight and there they were staring at me... my skinny jeans... the jeans I could get into 2 years ago.... against my better judgement, I tried putting them on... and um, well, you know the end result.

HAVE I GAINED THAT MUCH WEIGHT! Apparently, I have.

Being raw isn't just to lose weight. For me it is a change in lifestyle, just like becoming Vegan. It is also about my health. The vain part of me just wants to fit in those damn size 8's again. Weight isn't just going to fall off and as Janis is always reminding me, you lose weight first, the last place you gained it. I have to keep reminding myself this is a journey that I have to have patience with. I'm not going to wake up tomorrow and be a size 8 again. Deep breath.

I am looking forward to my shopping trip to Kensington and Chinatown tomorrow. Salar (who is doing the raw challenge with me) and I are going to stock up on lots of fruits and veggies. For around $20 I leave with two bags full of goodies! I plan on doing this twice a week. Being raw doesn't mean having to break the bank. It can be done on a budget. The entire point is to be eating living foods.

I've shoved the jeans to the back of the closet again... they are staying there till April 30. I know they still won't fit, but at least I will know if I've made any progress with the weight loss part.

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???