Sunday, March 23, 2008

chirp... chirp... I already miss cuba...

I got back from Cuba this morning. I was prepared that I would be going from 30 degrees and perfection to... well... hello canada... cold... still some snow... that post vacation sadness. I was sad on a few counts, first.. I hate winter with such a passion I can't even explain it and returning to the cold... bleech. Second, the vacation went by way too fast, we were there for 7 days, 10 would have been better, but the main reason I'm sad is I had the best vacation I've ever had in my life with an absolutely amazing man and the vacation is done.

It was honestly the best vacation I've had. We drank way too much, laughed all the time, ate amazing food and explored. The resort we stayed at was absolutely beautiful and we definitely got 5 star treatment. I would go back to cuba in a heart beat. I would however stay at a different part of cuba, I want to experience all of that island. It is an absolutely beautiful country!

I was warned about a few things to expect. An eye opening experience at customs, people begging for money on the beaches etc. Two of my friends went last may and constantly saw soldiers on the beach. I experienced none of this. Customs in Cuba was so much quicker and more efficient than the airport here in Toronto. No soldiers and one guy was on the beach trying to sell cigars. The only time we saw people with their hands out was when we went on our day tour of Holgein. Their was a reality check when you see how basic the people of Cuba live. No AC, cell phones and their cars were mostly from the 1950's. Their main source of transportation, was walking, bike, horse or horse and buggy. Inside the city we saw city buses, but everywhere else it was as I just mentioned. We are spoiled!!!

A friend and my aunt both told me about the towel displays we should expect on our beds. Each day was a different one! The first was two swans head to head in the shape of a heart. The last one was a happy face! When I first saw the swans I giggled. My boyfriend asked me why I was laughing so I told him my friends story. She went to Cuba several years ago with her Dad. They had one room with two beds. The maid would come in each day and push the beds together and make the display. The maid must have thought they were married. Too funny! It was definitely a nice touch

I returned to find out my dogs were spoiled brats. Sarrah and David looked after them and I appreciate it more than anything. I am sure they were acting out because they thought I was abandoning them. The greeting I got when I walked into Sarrah's apartment was outstanding. The dogs were all over me!

I was hoping to come home to no snow, warm weather and tulips. No such luck, but... when I walked the dogs a few hours ago, I saw 2 Robins. Spring may actually be around the corner. Which is a good thing... I don't want my tan to fade!

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???