Sunday, February 3, 2008

Here we go again...

I truly don't understand the human race....  Why is it when we have something so obvious standing in front of us we choose to either ignore, or walk away from it, out of fear, rather than take a leap of faith?  Why as humans do we continue to make the same mistakes over and over again, rather than learn from our lesson?  Why can't we ask the questions we really want to, rather than beat around the bush?

I have been involved in a few situations lately that finally pushed me over the edge:   

~One is a friend who clearly hasn't thought through their plans and is now regretting a very serious decision.   
~Another has someone standing right in their face, placed firmly in front of them, someone who loves them dearly and would do anything for them, yet is completely oblivious to it.  Or at least that is the facade they put on.  I think they are using oblivion to cover up their fear of allowing them self to fall in love.  Allowing to let it all go and take a chance.  They are afraid that they are going to fuck up the relationship, and rather than take a chance and find that out, they hid behind their wall or rather continue to walk into that wall, over and over again!
~Then there is the the third, someone who is smart, has great friend, has a great job but according to them, life sucks.  They are so incredibly negative, it pains me to be around them.  All they do is complain about how hard life is.  Yet refuses to do anything to change the way things are.

What this is all summed up to, is fear, fear of change, each one of these persons is afraid to try something because they don't want to fail.  They haven't learned that failure is required before you can achieve any kind of success.  ANY kind!  All I have done for this last year is take leaps of faith, embrace change and bound forward like a bull.  Or in my case a female lioness.  I promised myself to never go through another day not doing things because of fear.  Life is too short to.  

I also say learn from your mistakes.  Who cares if you mess up.  Wouldn't you rather try something to find out if you can do it, rather than go through life saying woulda, coulda, shoulda?  I'm not going to.

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???