Thursday, February 7, 2008

my own rear window

I joked to Sarrah that my apartment has it's own rear window view.  She looked at me and said... ummm what is you have in mind.  I'm a bit of a voyerist.  Always have been.  And one of my all time favourite movies is... Rear Window.  Which I am going to put on after I eat.  It beats the really badly done Friday 13th part, what 1000 that is on now.  So back to my rear window.  I live in an apartment building that looks on to two other apartment buildings.  In the summer it was a lot of fun sitting out there and listening the sounds of darkness.  I soon discovered.  Apocolypto boy. 

Apocolypto boy has an apartment in the building right across from me.  I may have never noticed him except he has the biggest TV I've ever seen.  It's gotta be 10 ft across.  Has to, as I can see what he is watching, the only thing missing is the sound.  Now you would think someone like that would take full advantage of this TV and watch tonnes of movies.  No, not Apocolypto boy.  NO!  He insists on watching the same movies over and over again.  Not only that I think the only game he owns is Halo and well, he sucks at it.

Now the whole point of being a voyerist is variety.  You want to be able to look in on other peoples lives but... see different stuff.  This guy was starting to drive me nuts.  To the point that if I saw him watching that stupid movie one more time I was marching down to the video store, buying him some new movies and then throwing them onto his balcony.  I know.. CREEPY!!!

He isn't the only apartment I have the ... creepy pleasure of viewing... there is 'ET call home people'  they have at least a dozen satellite dishes on their balcony and there is this weird strobe light that is going off in their apartment.. all the time.  Smoking guy.... am assuming a chain smoker who isn't allowed to smoke in the apartment... he is on his balcony more than he is in his apartment.  Seriously if I was a smoker and wasn't allowed to smoke inside... I'd be rethinking my habit.  It's friggn cold out now!!!

Then in the summer, well no, even now, there is the belt line and the goings on down there. ... another post for another time.

Right now, am going to eat my dinner and pop Jimmy Stewart in the DVD player and watch one of the best Hitchcock movies ever.

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???