Saturday, April 11, 2009

Where I stand

Today would have been day 20 of the 100 day 100% raw challenge. Yesterday I did a lot of thinking about where I am with the challenge and I have to say I'm frustrated. I'm frustrated that even with the amount of time I'm putting into making sure I have awesome raw meals (and it is a lot of time), I'm not feeling happy with this. I've only lost 2.2lbs after 20 days and that confuses me. I've also come to realize that this is way too expensive (I am self employed and on a very tight budget). I know that last statement makes no sense. Healthy fruits and veggies should be inexpensive but they aren't. Sadly we live in a world of fast food and crap that is much cheaper to eat. I'm not going to start eating fast food and crap, no worries of that!

So, where does this leave me. I am going to still stay on a 80-90% raw diet. I had to admit to myself yesterday that part of my frustration is around the fact that I do like cooked food, I just need to be more selective about my choices.

Things that will remain out of my diet as much as possible are:
processed foods
soy
wheat/gluten
high fatty foods

Overall healthwise I do feel better, but emotionally this was a challenge. Though I am disappointed in myself, I did learn a lot at the same time.

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???