Thursday, April 2, 2009

Back to the drawing board....

I think I need to go back to the drawing board, sorta.

I'm on day ten of the 100 day raw challenge and have so far only lost 2.2lbs. I'm a bit confused. Being on all raw I should have lost at least a total of 5 lbs by now. I think I figured out my issue. I'm likely eating too much fat. My original plan was to eat/drink mostly fresh juices and eat fully raw foods (meaning fruits, veggies and minimal nuts), however I have been eating a lot of dehydrated dishes, which contain quite a bit of nuts. My green smoothie already has avocado in it, that alone has a tonne of fat. I also think that dehydrated foods can be high in calories. My goal here isn't to lose weight but to make my body as healthy as possible. Too much fat, even though it is considered good fat, is still bad. So... starting today am cutting out the dehydrated stuff and in a few weeks will allow a bit back in to my diet. On Sunday am going to do another 3 day juice feast to hopefully get me back on track!

I am going to work out, shower and go on a long walk. I need air and a break from being inside. I think that my foul mood of the last few weeks is partly due to spending too much time thinking. Most of which has been thinking about the current status of my life. Though I am working as hard as I can to be a full time writer, living ones dream is apparently not enough for happiness. There are so many other aspects of my life that feel unfulfilled and as hard as I may try, I can't seem to do anything about them. Once I get my taxes done (another HUGE stress right now) I am going to dedicate time again to looking into moving to NYC. I need a change of environment. It may take while before I can move there. But I think that is going to be the next phase in my life. My family doesn't like the idea, they say it is too far away, but really it is just a ten hour car ride and a great way for them to make an excuse for a road trip. I'm single and my only responsibilities, beside credit card debt, are my two furry companions. They are bonafide city dogs and as long as they are with me I don't think they really care if it is Toronto or NYC.

I need to shake myself out of this darkness. Maybe some sunshine will help, maybe that isn't the solution. Like always, I will figure it out.

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???