Sunday, April 26, 2009

The new monthly issue is up at shebytches.com.

The new monthly issue is up at shebytches.com.

Please help us welcome new writer Heather Wood, returning writer Denise Haggerty and guest author Romy Shiller!

Here is what is in the issue!

Carolina's Bytch If you fight all the time, why do you stay together?

Right now I'm sitting here, TRYING to finish a short story. I have my music turned up and it's very loud, the soundtrack from Repo!

Denise Haggerty “Bad Manners: A 21st Century Epidemic for the "Awakened" Ones”.

I think that there are many people in this world lacking in good manners. The kind of manners taught once upon a time ago by our grandmothers and grandfathers.

Heather Wood Persons, eh?

This month's footage of brave Afghani women holding their largest rally since 1970, and being physically and verbally threatened just for standing up for the right not to have sex with one's husband, got me thinking that myself and other Canadian women shouldn't be so complacent about our own hard-won rights.

Romy Shiller Ogre-Drag

I’ve been thinking about the Shrek movies and Ogre-Drag. I really wanted the films to be innovative and different. To me, they were more of the same—worse because they pretended to “subvert” traditional fairy tales (Poniewozik 1).

Viki Ackland Today (a poem)

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???