Sunday, April 12, 2009

If you fight all the time, why do you stay together?

I'm sitting here, TRYING to finish a short story. I have my music turned up and it's very loud, and I am playing the soundtrack from Repo! The Genetic Opera. Normally I don't play music when I write, I prefer nothing going in the background, not even the T.V., as it distracts me, I have it on right now because the couple next door is fighting AGAIN! If you argue all the time, why do you stay together?

I am not trying to sound hypocritical here. I am guilty of this, I stayed in a relationship WAY too long with someone who did anything he could to antagonize me and start fights. However, I learned from this. I will never stay in a relationship if all I do is argue and struggle to keep things calm and me happy!

I keep going back and forth on whether or not to start dating again. I did the math and I haven't 'dated' for almost nine months. (dating meaning, dinners, movies, hanging out, meeting each others friends... dating). Every single time I hear next doors screaming matches, or remind myself of a few former friends tumultuous 'relationships' I take two steps back. Do I really want to get involved with someone again? Do I really want to take a chance that I am going to end up in another relationship that ends because of constant verbal sparring?

I am once again in hermit mode. Partly because I am desperately trying to get this book done and the other part is I don't know if I really want to put myself out there again. As every day goes by I am becoming less wanting of human companionship. I know this sounds strange, but every time I hear people who are suppose to be 'in love' screaming hurtful and sometimes abusive things at each other, I cringe? I also begin to wonder are all relationships like this? Is there anyone out there who really adore each other, never fight and are truly happy? If so I'm not seeing it. I guess I just don't understand, if you love someone, why do you have to fight with them? Shouldn't you be doing everything you can to make each other and yourselves happy?

If you are fighting, then you aren't happy and if you aren't happy, you shouldn't be together. Life is too short to be miserable and until someone steps up and proves me wrong. Proves to me that I can date and be in a relationship with out the fear of being back in the situation I was two years ago, then I am going to not date.

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???