Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Let me clear something up...

Ok, maybe if I put this in writing... you might all get it.  Stop asking me to go to romantic comedies... even if they are starring Gerard Butler!  Don't get me wrong.. I LOVE Gerard... who doesn't, but even if he is running around naked for the entire movie.. if it is a romantic comedy.  Don't ask me to go. 

Why you ask?  I CAN'T STAND romantic comedies.  They make me want to hurl.  Let me explain why.  Romantic comedies are the equivalent to reality TV... they aren't real!  Not one of them.  It's the biggest load of bullshit... faery tale endings and all that shit.  None of this happens in real life.  
~Men don't go to the other side of the world and travel across a war torn country to find their true love.
~Men don't leave a trail of love letters so that after they die you get to fulfill all your fantasies.
~No one has the PERFECT marriage/relationship... what ever.
~Men just don't do the things that Hollywood has tried to get us to believe in these ridiculous movies.

Ok, someone reading this is say... 'what a bitter bitch'.  I'm not bitter, not at all.  I'm a realist.  I've been there and done that.  Sure I would love my prince to ride in on a perfect black stallion and sweep me off my feet.  But I know that isn't going to happen.  It's not that easy.  You have to work for it.  Work for every single ounce of it.  If you think that it will all just happen and everything will be all peachy all the time... get over yourself.

What's real... 
~Marriages don't last anymore.  Five years is the max.  If you make it that far you are doing well. 
~If you decide to be in a relationship both of you need to work on it.  All day, all week, all the time!!!
~We fight with each other all the time.  ALL THE TIME.  That is why they invented make up sex.
~Movies are not real life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a romantic. Ask anyone who knows at me.  I do believe that everyone out there has a soulmate.  I want to find mine.   I often joke that it's my dog Harley.... he is a perfect little blondie boy.  I also believe in love at first site... well sorta.. it's more lust at first sight, but....  I know it's possible.  I want to find someone who gives me butterflies every time I see them, or talk to them on the phone, anxious too see them and miss them like crazy when they aren't around.  I want those things, but... I am a realist and know that it may never happen.  I also know that is if I do, I need to do the work that goes with it.  I don't walk around with my head in the clouds, if I do, I've given a few people permission to smack me.  I know that my life isn't a Romantic comedy, how boring would that be.  It falls somewhere between an episode from Sex in the City and a Hitchcock movie.... Rear Window is what I would pick.

So in short... STOP asking me to go to Romantic movies.  You want to take me to a movie... Here is a list.

No Country for Old Men
I am Legend
Untraceable
Cloverfield

You getting it now.... 

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???