Sunday, February 8, 2009

What's Happening???

Have you ever watched a movie and been so affected by it, it was on your mind the next day? I have, and ordinarily it is because it affected me in a positive way or scared the shit out of me (which is really hard to do).

I watched The Happening last night and I've been thinking about it a lot today. In this case, it isn't a good thing. Right now, all I can say is M. Night Shyamalan, shame on you! You took what was a brilliant idea for a story and instead made a craptastic movie.

I am normally a huge M. Night fan. HUGE! But what the hell is up with this dud! It was as if, he only had an idea (mother nature is pissed and taking revenge), but had no real script. Is it just me or did it feel like the actors were basically told to go walk around some fields and just ad lib conversation and for good measure scream once in a while...

I am in general strongly opposed to remakes, for The Happening I will make a consideration. This could have been one hell of a terrifying movie. Mother Nature is an unstoppable force, how frightening to think she could unleash such chaos. There was so much that could have been done with this movie, yet....

If someone wants to finance me, I'd be more than happy to make this into a movie that deserves my praise.

M. Night... GOOD NITE!

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???