Thursday, February 26, 2009

1, 2, 3 pause, 5, 6, 7 pause

I'm going on an adventure. It's called Salsa dancing!!! For the last year Rebecca has been suggesting that we go Salsa dancing on regular outings. It's a lot of fun, a great way to meet people and an amazing work out. Only problem is.. I'm an uncoordinated klutz when it comes to that kinda stuff.

Earlier today I had a quick lesson from Katie, a lover of the dance! It seemed simple enough, though I was still tripping over my feet when she was showing me. When I got home I downloaded 3 videos from Youtube.com showing me the basic steps. I was even practicing them tonight. I think I have the basic steps down, god help me if they spin me or if someone actually wants to dance with me..... oye! Though I think I have it figured out, I look like a rhythmless goof ball doing it. The funny thing is, when just dancing around to Salsa music and not doing the steps, I'm fine, but the second I started doing the 1, 2, 3, pause, I was tripping over my feet. My dogs were looking at me like I was insane!!! But I'm not going to give up! My love of latin music and latin men will keep me going :)

Tomorrow, I will continue with my practicing, Saturday will be the real test. The place we are going to has Salsa lessons from 8:30 on. Here's hoping I don't fall down! Being the optimist, by the time summer rolls around, I am determined to be an expert!!!

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???