Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Are you still in Toronto?

I am in Wiarton, at my parents, for 2 weeks. I needed to get out of the city for a while to just, get away from it. I needed to get away from the noise, pollution and people... not people I love... just people, in general. I needed some peace and quiet.

It has been awesome so far. I've been in the pool every day, get to hang with my nephews and my parents, I'm getting writing done, I get to see my nephews play baseball... The only thing I forgot when I go to baseball.. there are people there. My mom keeps politely pointing out to me, you went to school with her or him.... you should go say hi.. Blah, I don't want to go say hi. I'm not there to visit with anyone else... then when I do get corned I keep getting asked the mundane question...

Are you still in Toronto?

I bite my tongue because what I want to say is, 'Yesssss, I'm in Toronto, I never left. Though unlike yourself, I did get the hell out of this place. You still in Wiarton????' But I don't. I am the polite daughter it seems... I grin, nod and walk away.... far.. away or.. look at my mother with a look of HELP! She never rescues me.. she finds it amusing it seems.

Then the piece de resistance....

sigh...

So I hear you never got married or have any kids? What happened? Again... I have to bite my tongue... so many things I would love to say, but don't. People on most counts don't ask you your political views so why do they think they can ask you why you didn't get married or have kids. I have many, many reasons for both, none of them are anyones business but mine. Yes I do explain this to those I feel need explaining, but for the most part, keep it to myself. I normally answer them by saying... with a very confused look on my face... 'Why do you ask?' That usually puts a quick end to it...

So I will continue to grin and bite my tongue. I am here for my family and family only... pray I don't snap!

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???