Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Is the strike finally over?

I made a decision today to start doing something again that I promised myself I wouldn't. No, I'm not taking up smoking or eating meat again. Against my better judgment, I decided to... deep breath, wait for it... start dating again. Yikes. Is this a good idea? I guess I'm about to find out.

It's been a while since I've been on a date. I stopped dating early last summer. I decided to stop because after one horrendous misadventure after another, I had become discouraged with what options were available to me. I also found that I had stopped dating my 'type', simply because I thought that was the issue. After talking it out with a friend and thinking out loud A LOT over the last few days... it's not the 'type' that is the problem, it was the type of men I was dating.

I like artsy, edgy, tattooed, rock and roll loving, outgoing men. I use to date this type all the time and had a blast. One day, and I wish I new what the hell I was thinking, I decided I needed to start going on grown up dates, date men with 'good' jobs and a future. Grown up dates? 'Good' jobs? What the hell! Not to worry, it was just a phase and that phase is OVER.

In life we are drawn to certain things for a reason. They fit with our personalities and our lifestyles. I realized how much I missed the type of guy I use to date when I went with a friend to a ball... I was dressed to the nines, in pain due to my bling shoes, attempting to see if there were any potential, grown up men in the crowd... I looked around and all night long my line of vision kept going to the same person. My 'type' was there with his girlfriend, and every time I glanced over at him I got a pang of nostalgia. I went home, peeled off the terrible shoes I was wearing and made a promise that I was NEVER going to go against type again. I'm attracted to that kind of man for a reason. That reason is called 'having something in common'.

This girl is a horror loving, zombie knowing, writer, sucker for animals, who does too much for others and never asks for anything back. I like edgy boys with tattoos, was a punk rock, goth music loving, black wearing kid growing up, who never fit in. So why the hell am I trying to fit in with the wrong type of people now? I have a crowd of ghouls that I belong to and it's time that I get back to where I belong.

Yes, I am going to start dating again. I am going to go back to my picky ways, dating only my 'type'. This time around though, I am going to be tougher. I want to find someone who wants to be with me for who I am and not for what they can get from me. I maybe re-entering a world that I really didn't' like the first twenty times around, but at least it gives me great fodder, not to mention a creative outlet I can use in my stories.

I am about to dive back in again... wish me luck... I forgot to attach my safety rope... again...

addendum:
After much consideration, and lack of inspiration by what has been offered up to me of late, I'm back on strike. I know, I know, that sure didn't last long. It isn't due to impatience, it is due to all that is out there is the same ole, same ole all wanting the same things. I'm just not up for it and lack the energy to continually have to explain myself. So, it's just easier to say, 'I'm on strike, till conditions improve.' I just don't see the strike ending any time soon...

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???