Sunday, December 28, 2008

The women who have inspired me.

I am posing a question to all of you. What women in your life have inspired you? Not necessarily celebrities, it can be family, friends as well. I would love for you to post in the comments box, who these women are. Here is my list and an explanation as to why they inspire me.

My Grandma Betty - Grandma Betty, always had a hug, a laugh and a clever piece of advice for what every situation you were in. Her greatest piece of advice to me was, 'why do you care what they think about you, they aren't important.' This woman raised 14 children on her own, she was beautiful, warm, loving and tough. And damn she could make the meanest shortbread. I miss her every single day.






My Mom - She has more faith in me than I do at times, sees the good in everything and was the one who always made sure I had books to read, art supplies and things to write in as a kid. Being creative was one of the most important things for us to be growing up. Oh and she always makes me pie :)







Viki and Janis - Two of my best friends, sisters and family. Fiercely independent and full of life. They have seen me through some of the toughest times in my life and are always right behind me, ready and willing to kick my ass when I start to falter... now if that isn't inspiration!







Fran Drescher
- Fran is one of the spunkiest women on the face of the earth. This self proclaimed 'chubby girl from Queens' had a dream and worked her tushie off to get it. That success story alone should be enough to inspire all women to achieve their best. Along the way she has also fought one of the greatest battles any human can, cancer, and is not only a survivor but an outspoken and passionate advocate to find a cure.






Tina Turner - She isn't just a great pair of gams. This lady is a force to be respected, showing women that attitude is the most powerful thing we have!
















Bette Davis - Showed us that it's ok to be called a bitch to get what you want.




















Mary Shelley
- Against all odds and during a time in our history were women were considered a lesser being, this woman created the greatest and most famous monster of all time. Frankenstein.














The Flappers and the Suffragettes - Breaking down walls for women and their Independence! Making sacrifices to give us our voice!

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???