Tuesday, December 30, 2008

rawwwwwwwwwwwww

I'm sitting here enjoying one of my last espressos. No... not forever, but for the month of January. In order to get back on track health and diet wise and to start shedding those pounds I put on since April (due to a knee injury), I am doing 100% raw for the entire month of January. The following months I am going to stick to a 80/90% raw diet, but in order to get back to where I was several months ago I need to detox my body.

Generally, most of what I eat is healthy, I try to make most of my own meals from scratch and make every effort possible to avoid pre-processed foods. I never keep junk food in my home (apart form the occasional tub of soy ice-cream) and most of my diet consists of fruits and vegetables. In reality, I shouldn't have gained any weight at all, but after several months of not being able to work out, it slowly found it's way to my hips and ass. In August I started using the wii Fit and it was helping me whittle the pounds off... then in November... I fell off the wagon. January 1st, this girls is climbing back onto that wagon by going 100% raw and working out 7 days a week.

In order to do this, there will be sacrifices. The biggest one being coffee (I think I was sent a message this morning when my coffee maker finally conked out), but, I am doing this for my own health and self esteem and if a few sacrifices need to be made, so be it. The pay off in the end will be more than worth it.

Tomorrow I will feast on my favourite foods and drink while I bring in the new year... at midnight, I begin the work to fulfill the things I've promised myself. At midnight... I go RAW!

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???