Monday, June 9, 2008

Sex and the city...

Today, Viki, Janis and I went to see Sex and the City. What a fabulous movie. It lived up to all my expectations. I can't say what happened as I don't want to ruin it for those who are going to see it, but all I can say is you won't be disappointed. The thing that happened when I watched it though, is I got all emotional, weepy, I wanted to cancel my date tonight and come home and cry. No drink the bottle of wine that is sitting on my counter and then cry.

SATC hit on so many things that was going on in these women's lives. The biggie. LOVE. I've been struggling with being single and in my 40's. Don't get me wrong. I'm loving it. But at the same point, am scared of it. I've finally discovered who I am, and loving me. I have finally come to understand what I want in life, what I don't want and what I won't stand for. I am open, liberal, fun, sexy, creative and fearless. I say fearless because I jump blindly into things (please don't confuse blindly with foolishly). I refuse to live my life with regrets. But what affected me with this movie is, I fully understand what each of these women are going through. I understand their heart ache, confusion, frustration, dreams, desires and most of all, faith in love. A faith I though I lost, but yesterday realized is such a strong part of me, I will never lose it. So why is being single scaring me so much? At the end of the day. I am afraid of growing old alone.

I know I have the best friends I will ever have in my life, I have my dogs and my family. That in itself should be enough, but is it? I want to have someone in my life who I fall asleep with at night and am snuggled up to in the morning when I wake up. I want someone in my life who gets me, doesn't want to change me and understand and supports my dreams. I want someone who will cherish me as much as I cherish them. But why, why is it so hard to find this in my life. Why is it that I am afraid that this person doesn't exist and even if they do, I will never find them. But you know what, at the end of the day, the only thing that matters... is that I like me! I have the best girlfriends on the face of the earth. That, is what SITC is really about. Your girlfriends. Men will come and go, but your girlfriends are forever!

I, have the best girlfriends on the face of the earth. I actually consider them sisters.
viki
janis
sarrah
anna
michelle
rebecca
Each different, each unique, each fabulous. We are the ones that count. We are the ones who will be there for each other at the end of the day. We can love, fuck, like, lust, hate all the men we want. But without each other, it means nothing.

You are all my strength and without you all, I am not sure how I would still be here.

oxoxxoxooxoxo

No comments:

Zombie Dating

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies
Created by Mingle2.com (Dating for non-zombies)

Are you compatible with me???